Apply to ANIP from an Australian university

Eligibility for ANIP

Students from any Australian university are eligible to apply to ANIP to undertake a Commonwealth Parliamentary Internship.

You must be a currently enrolled tertiary student, studying at any Australian university and have successfully completed (or will have completed by the time of enrolment into ANIP) two full years of study (96 units or equivalent). You may be either an undergraduate or a graduate student from any discipline.

Course information

Course information can be found at

How to Apply

Current ANU students

If you are a current ANU student, please visit the How to apply page to submit your ANIP application.

Non-ANU domestic students

There are two steps in the application process for non-ANU domestic students, also called cross-institutional students. Cross-institutional students who are interested in applying to ANIP will need to complete the ANIP online application form. For more information, please visit How to apply.

As well as applying to ANIP through the ANIP online application form, cross-institutional students must also apply to ANU through the ANU Admissions Office

You and your home university will need to complete an ANU Cross-Institutional Studies Application Form which can be found at

Your home university will have a form you will need to complete as well, so we recommend bringing both along to your Student Office at the same time.

As a cross-institutional student, your fees for undertaking the ANIP course will be determined by your home institution.

Updated:  18 March 2020/Responsible Officer:  Program Director/Page Contact:  CASS Marketing & Communications